Think of an aerobics workout for weight loss and the chances are you’ll conjure up an image of a class involving women wearing headbands and a lot of Lycra. That’s how things were in the 1980s. This sequence offers you my collection of classic aerobic moves. Headbands and Lycra are optional
The term “aerobics” was first used to describe a system of exercise which an exercise physiologist designed to help prevent heart disease. The system involved doing continuous, rhythmic activity using large muscle groups. In fact, all the sequences in my 15 Minute Calorie Burn Workout are “aerobic”, which is why they help you to burn calories.
The aerobics classes most of us recognize today have evolved from what started out in the US in the early 1970s and grew into a worldwide craze that became one of the defining features of the 1980s. If you happened to be around then as I was you may recall the hype that surrounded these particular classes.
The combination of exercise, music, and the social aspect often proved irresistible. And because you could and still can work more or less intensively, depending on your ability, one of the advantages of aerobics classes was that they gave people of different fitness levels the chance to work together and have fun.
My own aerobics workout offers you the chance to do a collection of some classic – what I would call “vintage” – aerobic steps from the early days. Some of the moves, such as the Grapevine, Toe tap, and Rocking horse, were around then, and are often found in classes today.
Many of the steps in this aerobics workout are very simple, so it is important to monitor how hard you are training. Ideally, you should aim to work at a level where you are not too comfortable.following aerobics workout for weight loss….
Tips for your aerobics workout for weight loss
• In Chest march, you have to really relax the shoulders and arms to isolate the chest muscles properly. Your elbows should meet (or nearly meet) as you flex the chest.
• In Side-dig swing, don’t transfer all your weight to the foot you step out on. Keep your weight centred and “bounce” the step more. This helps you to keep in time.
• In high-impact steps such as Crossover jump, be sure to land correctly, flexing your knees and rolling through your feet. Do it safely and don’t rush it.
However, some of the steps – for example, Chest march, Side-dig swing, and Crossover jump need
your special attention (see above). And remember: quality is always more important than quantity.
Although you will be doing this workout in the comfort of your own home, imagine yourself in a
Let yourself go and have fun. Perform the moves with enthusiasm. You could even get the rest of your family involved!
One of the benefits of doing a regular aerobics workout is that you can perform the steps with an intensity that suits you, and still burn the calories.
Aerobics workout for weight loss steps
1. Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, knees soft, and arms by your sides. Relax your neck and shoulders, and make sure your tummy is pulled in. Take a deep breath in as you bend the knees and raise your arms above your head. Exhale as you lower them with a smooth circular movement.
Make sure your back stays straight. Repeat for a total of 4 reps.
2. Alternate your weight from one foot to the other, rising up onto the ball of your foot. As you alternate feet, curl the opposite arm to your shoulder. Keep your hands in a loose fist and make sure you push your heel right down to the floor as you work your calf muscle. Repeat for a total of16 reps (1 rep = both sides/directions).
3. Standing on one foot, raise the other knee to waist-height. At the same time, raise the opposite arm. March on the spot, raising opposite knees and arms. Repeat for a total of 8 reps. Then, with your arms by your sides, raise your shoulders towards your ears and roll them in a circular motion, backwards, then forward. Repeat for a total of 4 reps.
4. Continue marching and, as you do so, stretch your arms sideways to meet above your head, opening and closing your hands at intervals with a “flicking” motion, to warm your fingers and wrists. Continue “flicking” your hands as you lower your arms. Repeat for a total of 4 reps. ( aerobics workout for weight loss)
5. With hands on hips, take a step to one side, then bring your feet together. Repeat on the other side. Repeat for a total of 4 reps, then swing your arms in the same direction as you are stepping. Your arms should be relaxed and raised no higher than shoulder-height. Repeat for a total of 8 reps.
6. With hands on hips, touch one foot on the floor behind you. Return to centre. Repeat with the opposite foot. Keep your weight centred as you alternate legs. Repeat for a total of 4 reps, then add an arm push in time with your leg movements by pushing both arms forward and back just below shoulder-height. Repeat for a total of 8 reps.
7. With arms by your sides, bend both knees, then come up and kick one foot forward. Repeat for a total of 8 reps, then add a twist by turning your upper body and swinging the opposite arm to the kicking leg. Keep your arms at shoulder-height and hips square. Repeat, alternating sides, for a total of 8 reps.
8. Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, arms stretched above your head, shoulders relaxed, and neck and spine in line. Slowly lower your arms and take your chin towards your chest, then round your back and slowly bend down towards the floor. When you are as low as possible, your hands
should be relaxed and as near to the floor as is comfortable. Take a deep breath into your lower back.
Then, keeping your tummy pulled into your lower back, uncurl slowly, one vertebra at a time, until you have returned to a standing position.
9. Standing with feet apart and knees slightly turned out, tap the toes of one foot on the floor to the side. As you tap, curl your arms at the elbow, alternating arms. Repeat for a total of 16 reps, then
change feet and repeat for a total of 16 reps.
10. Standing on one foot, raise the other knee to waist-height. At the same time, raise the opposite arm. March on the spot, raising opposite knees and arms together. Repeat for a total of 16 reps.
11. With hands on hips, step to the side, take the other foot behind, step to the side again, then
bring the feet together. Repeat on the other side. Repeat for a total of 4 reps.
12. Starting with both feet together, hop onto one leg, bend the other, then kick that leg forward. As you kick, raise the opposite arm skywards and keep the arm on the same side behind and slightly bent at the elbow. Repeat, alternating sides, for a total of 8 reps. Repeat Step 11.
13. Starting with both feet together and hands on hips, jump, taking one knee to hip-height. Cross that leg over the other, touching the toe briefly to the floor. Bring the knee back to hip-height, then back to centre. Repeat on the other side. Repeat for a total of 8 reps.
14. Standing on one foot, raise the other knee to hip-height and take the arms to the sides at shoulder height, elbows bent. March on the spot, bringing the elbows together at chest height, then opening them. Repeat for a total of 16 times.
15. Starting with both feet together and hands on hips, step forward onto one foot and bend the other leg behind at the knee. Rock slightly onto the front leg. Step the back leg down, raise the front leg and rock slightly onto the back leg. Repeat the forward and back rocking motion for a total of 8 reps. Change sides and repeat for a total of 8 reps. Repeat Step 11. This are the step of aerobics workout for weight loss.
*If you like the information given by us, do not forget to share. Please comment below for any advice or suggestions.
( Our purpose is simply to provide you with information. Be sure to consult a specialist or your family doctor before consuming anything. )
If you like to read global information see also CLICK HERE