Table of Contents Hide
- Dates Nutritional Profile
- How Many Nutrients in Dates Food
- How To Serve Nutritious Dates Food
- Diets That May Restrict or Exclude Dates Food
- How To Buying Dates Food
- How To Storing Dates Food
- How To Preparing Dates Food
- What Happens When You Cook Dates Food
- Medical Uses and/or Benefits Of Dates
- Adverse Effects Associated with Dates Food
Dates Nutritional Profile
• Energy value (calories per serving): High
• Protein: Low
• Fat: Low
• Saturated fat: Low
• Cholesterol: None
• Carbohydrates: High
• Fiber: Very high
• Sodium: Low (fresh or dried fruit)
High (dried fruit treated with sodium sulfur compounds)
• Major vitamin contribution: B vitamins
• Major mineral contribution: Iron, potassium
How Many Nutrients in Dates Food
• Dates are a high-carbohydrate food, rich in fiber and packed with sugar (as much as 70 percent of the total weight of the fruit).
• Dates are also a good source of nonheme iron, the inorganic iron found in plant foods, plus potassium, niacin, thiamin, and riboflavin, but they are an unusual fruit because they have no vitamin C at all.
• A serving of 10 whole pitted Medjool dates has 16 g dietary fiber and 2.2 mg iron (12 percent of the RDA for a woman, 27 percent of the RDA for a man).
How To Serve Nutritious Dates Food
• With meat or with a vitamin C- rich food. Both enhance your body’s ability to use the nonheme iron in plants (which is ordinarily much less useful than heme iron, the organic iron in foods of animal origin).
Diets That May Restrict or Exclude Dates Food
• Low-carbohydrate diet
• Low-fiber/low-residue diet
• Low-potassium diet
• Low-sodium diet (dried dates, if treated with sodium sulfite)
How To Buying Dates Food
Soft, shiny brown dates in tightly sealed packages.
Distilled spirits : 5 shocking benefits & adverse affects CLICK HERE
How To Storing Dates Food
• Store opened packages of dates in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped to keep the fruit from drying out. (The
• dates sold in American markets are partly dried; they retain sufficient moisture to keep them soft and tasty.) Properly stored dates will stay fresh for several weeks.
How To Preparing Dates Food
• To slice dates neatly, chill them in the refrigerator or freezer for an hour.
• The colder they are, the easier it will be to slice them.
• If you’re adding dates to a cake or bread batter, coat them first with flour to keep them from dropping through the batter.
Cucumbers : shocking benefits & 2 drug Interactions CLICK HERE
What Happens When You Cook Dates Food
• The dates will absorb moisture from a cake or bread batter and soften.
Medical Uses and/or Benefits Of Dates
Because potassium is excreted in urine, potassium-rich foods are often recommended for people taking diuretics. In addition, a diet rich in potassium (from food) is associated with a lower risk of stroke. A 1998 Harvard School of Public Health analysis of data from the long-running Health Professionals Study shows 38 percent fewer strokes among men who ate nine servings of high potassium foods a day vs. those who ate less than four servings. Among men with high blood pressure, taking a daily 1,000 mg potassium supplement about the amount of potassium in ¾ cup pitted dates reduced the incidence of stroke 60 percent.
Consumption of milk and dates is beneficial
According to a study, about 44 nutrients are found in milk, which includes about 18 amino acids, 9 minerals, 10 vitamins along with protein and carbohydrates. In such a situation, its consumption with milk becomes more beneficial for health. According to a study, when dates are soaked in milk and boiled for some time, its health benefits increase 100 times. By consuming it daily, you can beat the disease like anemia.
Beneficial in anemia disease
About 60 percent of the people in India suffer from the problem of anemia. Iron deficiency is the biggest cause of anemia. When there is a deficiency of iron in the body, the production of blood decreases. The total amount of iron in our body is 3 to 5 grams according to body weight. Soaking dates in milk and consuming it proves to be a panacea for increasing hemoglobin.
Beneficial for pregnant women
According to a study, dates soaked in cow’s milk are extremely beneficial for the health of pregnant women. Dates are one such food item that not only keeps the health of the mother healthy, but it is also beneficial for the development of the fetus. Consuming dates soaked in cow’s milk increases the amount of oxytocin in the body, which works to increase the sensitivity of the uterus at the time of delivery.
Amino acids are found in abundance in dates. Dates are rich in protein and fiber, which helps in the development of the unborn child. For this, soak 5 to 6 dates daily in fresh cow’s milk and then grind it the next morning and mix it in milk and add a pinch of cardamom powder and honey to it.
According to a research, the consumption of dates and milk increases fertility. By consuming it soaked in milk, it increases the fertility of both men and women. It is used as medicine in Ayurveda. If goat’s milk becomes available, it will be highly effective.
There are some nutrients present in dates, which increase the energy level in the body. It contains natural sugars such as glucose, sucrose and fructose, which boost energy levels.
Bring glow to the skin
It contains vitamins C and D, which remove the elasticity of the skin. The anti-aging properties present in dates prevent the accumulation of melanin in the body.
If you have constipation problem, then you can consume one date every day. The pulp of dates (Khajur benefits) stimulates gastrointestinal transit activity, which cures constipation. We have already told that dates are high in fiber and fiber also cures the problem of constipation.
stop hair fall dates contain a high amount of iron and iron is also very important for hair. This increases blood circulation in the scalp. Due to this the hair grows quickly and hair fall stops.
Did you know that dates also improve your sexual health? Eating dates increases the level of sex hormones. It is quite healthy for the sexual health of both women and men. Vitamins and minerals boost libido. Soak dates in water for two to three hours. Then eat it, along with increasing sex power, overall health will benefit. Make a shake by mixing dates and milk. Add some honey to it as well. Drink it once each week
Adverse Effects Associated with Dates Food
Dates contain polyphenoloxidase, an enzyme that oxidizes phenols in the fruit to brown compounds that turn its flesh dark in the presence of air.
• To keep dates from darkening when they are dried, they may be treated with sulfur compounds called sulfites (sulfur dioxide, sodium bisulfite, or sodium metabisulfite).
• Treated dates may trigger serious allergic reactions, including potentially fatal anaphylactic shock, in people sensitive to sulfites.
*If you like the information given by us, do not forget to share. Please comment below for any advice or suggestions.
If you like to read global information see also https://blograinbow.com/pork