What is SEAL FIT
Being SEAL FIT is more than just a sculpted physique; it is a way of life, a state of mind, and a way of orienting oneself in the world. To be SEAL FIT is to embody character traits like honor, courage, discipline, integrity, responsibility, and leadership.
Our mission at SEAL FIT is to provide you with some extremely effective training and coaching, giving you the tools to succeed and excel as warrior athletes.
SEAL FIT was developed for the unique and specialized needs of the industrial athlete. These athletes rely on their bodies to work at near peak, and their minds to be mentally tough, for their daily jobs.
They include military operators, first responders, intelligence professionals, adventure athletes, and the like. We want everyone to share this knowledge, which is why we have opened the program up to all who seek to take their bodies and minds to new levels.
The industrial athlete shares these traits, which are distinct from the sports athlete:
1. Must work at near peak output for very long periods of time, with unknown periods of rest.
2. Must be prepared for the known AND equally prepared for the unknown.
3. Does not always have access to a gym and the “proper” training tools
4. Is not competing to win, but to survive and accomplish a mission that can have life, death, or strategic consequences well beyond their own pay grade.
5. Must be strong, but not so concerned with maximal strength like a power-lifter or CrossFitter. Needs Strength and Stamina to move heavy stuff far and long, most likely he does not care about his or her 1RM
6. Must have exceptional endurance and be able to go long, under load.
7. Must have an intense capacity for work in short, medium, and long time domains
8. Must be durable, have powerful core strength, not be prone to injury, and be knowledgeable about how to sustain the body at a high level of readiness over the long haul.
9. Must be mentally tough and trained to be so
10. Usually works as part of a unit or team, and works out with that team
Not only do we seek elite functional fitness, strength stamina, durability, endurance, and mental toughness, but we believe that hard physical exercise builds character, self-confidence, and spiritual strength. These qualities build strong individuals and families and allow you to thrive amidst chaos.
1. The world is unpredictable and chaotic
2. Destiny favors the prepared (in mind, body, and spirit)
3. Hard physical training and proper nutrition are “the miracle longevity drug”
4. Personal Growth encompasses the whole person: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual
5. We believe that there is an athlete and warrior within everyone. It is our mission to draw these traits out and
6. Leadership is more than a theory, it is shown through example
7. We use what works and discard what doesn’t. We innovate
8. We treat everyone with respect, encouragement, and sometimes, tough love
9. Not everyone is qualified to be a client. The defining attribute is a burning desire to better oneself, a willingness to
meet your commitments, and a great attitude
1. Loyalty – to our family and our team
2. Service – to others before self
3. Honor and integrity – in public as well as in private
4. Leadership and follower-ship – we must be good at both to be effective at anything
5. Responsibility – we take it for both our actions and those of our teammates
6. Discipline – the only easy day was yesterday
7. Innovation – adapt, improvise, and overcome The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. You
have taken that step. Welcome aboard.
Functional Strength: Getting strong is a crucial aspect of getting SEAL FIT. Strength is foundational to performance and develops confidence. Combined with good flexibility, joint mobility, and core stability, it makes you more durable as an athlete and professional.
Strength Stamina: Overcoming resistance repetitively, over time. Strength Stamina allows you to carry more heavy stuff farther, which is very useful to the team.
Functional Work Capacity: Work Capacity is defined by us as the ability to do more work, in less time. This results from an increase in power, endurance, speed, and stamina. In other words, it means you have more horsepower (strength + cardio-endurance) in the same body, and thus have the capacity for “more work!” We use
CrossFit programming elements to develop functional work capacity.
Functional Endurance: Endurance is also foundational to SEAL FIT. It is “Long Slow Distance” (LSD) work using the oxidative pathway. Often referred to as “cardio” meaning that the cardiorespiratory system is the primary engine, and the goal is to extend the capacity of your cardio-respiratory system.
In SEAL FIT strong endurance is almost as important as strength. Training in LSD has been written about extensively. The focus of SEAL FIT endurance is developing functional LSD competencies in the water (long ocean swims/confidence in the surf zone and open ocean), “air”, and austere land environments (beach runs, hikes,
rucksack humps, trail runs, etc.).
Power & Speed: Power is overcoming resistance explosively. Exploding out of the starting gate is speed power. Snatching 185 pounds over your head is explosive power. Speed is the rapid repetition of low-resistance loads. Running is the rapid repetition of hip opening propelling body-weight load forward fast.
Increasing your speed to minimize the cycle of repetition. SEAL FIT does not publish any standards for power and speed as it is a valuable byproduct of our training.
Durability: You don’t want an injury to take you out of the Arena. Durability is joint mobility, muscular flexibility, strong bones, thick skin (emotionally), the ability to work through light injuries, avoid show-stopping injuries, hydration, re-fueling, rest, and recovery.
Mental Toughness: Mental Toughness is a key focus of SEAL FIT training. We are certain that mental toughness is trainable, and that the human being is capable of much more than what they “believe” they are capable of.
Our training is designed to push the boundaries of what we believe is capable and to teach you how to push this boundary even further on your own. Each personal limit that you blast through exposes a whole new paradigm of what is possible.
*If you like the information given by us, do not forget to share. Please comment below for any advice or suggestions.